There’s nothing quite like throwing yourself in at the deep-end and starting out at the world’s most mind-blowing casino halls!
So, before we begin our virtual gambling trip around the world, it should be mentioned that there’s always the option of virtually traveling to an online casino from the comfort of home, or even your smartphone (for example, Golden Reels). But if you’d prefer to enjoy something even more realistic we’d highly recommend giving any (or all) of the following a try:
- Las Vegas - The entire world knows of the reputation of Las Vegas as a gambling destination. This bustling city is built upon the wealth made from many different kinds of entertainment. Gambling is huge in Las Vegas and some of the biggest events in a given year take place in this city (yes - yes, when will the epidemic end).
- Monte Carlo, Monaco - Monaco is one of the most famous places for gambling in the world and for good reason, as it’s one of the wealthiest places in Europe. It has become a gambling mecca, and a playground for the internationally rich and famous. The famous Monte Carlo Casino is indisputably one of the most beautiful and attractive gambling houses on the planet.
- Macau - This special region of China is a gambling haven. In fact, the economy of Macau almost fully depends on gambling. This is because over half of the revenue that the government collects comes from the dozens of gambling casinos scattered all over the region. Macau is the perfect destination to explore because it also has some great amenities for tourists. There are many huge hotels, resorts, and casinos which make the experience enjoyable.
- Paris, France - Paris is one of the most attractive destinations for tourists as a city in its own right, but not many people know that it is also known for bringing many high-rollers from all around the world together for some serious action. This is, of course, not because of the country’s epic online betting services (which were legalized in France in 2010), but because of land-based casinos that are world-famous for their poker tables. If you are a real table games player, then you must visit the outstanding Cercle Haussman casino.
- Aruba - Another great gambling destination that combines the charm of the beach and luxury with casino life in Aruba. The tiny island in the Caribbean is a renowned destination that has many casinos that run for 24 hours every day. The charm that characterizes the island is enough to drive thousands of visitors every single week.
- Singapore - Regarded as one of the best overall destinations in Asia, Singapore is home to numerous casinos. The gambling culture in this city-state is fantastic and the dozens of resorts that exist in the city make the whole experience a great adventure. Singapore is also home to some big events in the gambling calendar every year.
Here’s a Fun Fact:
Singapore fines people for chewing gum out in public! But in the midst of all of the conservative stuff, Singapore’s government and industry saw the potential for more tourism and thousands of jobs and decided to finally legalize gambling. By 2010, two of the largest casino resorts in the world opened in Singapore. These are the Marina Bay Sands and Resorts World Sentosa. They became two of the most sought-after casino resorts to visit.
- Reno - If you want to enjoy gambling in Las Vegas but for some reason, you don’t want to go to Las Vegas, you can explore Reno. This little city is renowned for its resorts and casinos. With over 20 casinos in the area, it is definitely one of the cities that have the biggest concentrations of casinos. Some popular casinos include Peppermill, Grand Sierra and Silver Legacy.
- Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA - It may have been hit hard by the recession and it may not be quite the gambling hotbed for tourists it once was, but for those who live in the northeastern US, there is still no better place to gamble than along Atlantic City’s boardwalk. With direct access to the beach, Resorts Casino Hotel is arguably best casino hotel in Atlantic City. Located right on the boardwalk, this was the first casino to open in Atlantic City (1978), and now, in addition to 80,000 feet of casino gaming space, is also a stunning luxury hotel.
- San Juan - Puerto Rice is known for its amazing tourism industry. There are a lot of things to do on this island and gambling is one of the activities that you can find in the country. San Juan, the capital city is a great destination that hosts many casinos. There are many big events that take place throughout the year and you will not yourself bored.
- The Bahamas - The islands are home to a few casinos and resorts that offer high rollers the chance to relax. The Poker Stars Caribbean Adventure Tournament is held at the Atlantis Paradise Island Resort each year and attracts world-famous poker players on the circuit to the lap of luxury.
What’s your favorite lesser-known gambling mecca in the world? Let me know in the comments.
See ya Later!