For many of our readers – poker is one the most favorite card games, that's why the Official Golden Reels blog would like to dedicate this article entirely to this fantastic game. We will explain the rules of the game, the different types, the most popular poker strategies,poker tips etc.
Basic poker rules
Let’s start with the rules and how to play poker. Classic Texas Hold'em is played with a 52-card deck. This is a range of cards from Ace (A) to 2 in each suit, and who does not know, there are four of them - ♠, ♣, ♥, ♦. Beginners should pay special attention to the fact that A in poker is not always the highest card, sometimes Ace can perform the function of the lowest. But now is not about that. Let's talk about this below. Although we recommend making the corresponding notch in memory. Let this be one of the first rules of poker for beginners.
Number of players
From the number of decks to the number of players at the table. In Texas Hold’em, there must be a minimum of two and a maximum of ten.
The dealer deals the decks to the players clockwise (D). If you play with friends and acquaintances, then the functions of the dealer pass in turn to each player sitting next to the left of D. If you play in a game club or casino, then a licensed dealer from among the staff of the institution will serve each distribution.
Deal of cards
For two rounds of distribution, each player receives 1 card face down. As a result, everyone gets 2 cards, which are called "pocket". They are seen and, accordingly, known only by the player himself.
In each hand, in addition to D, the blinds are also automatically determined - small (Small Blind - SB) and big (Big Blind - BB). The small blind is the one who sits first to the left of B (function D will pass to him, respectively, in the next hand). The big blind is the player in the next position after the youngest. When starting to dive into the rules of the game for beginners, you should remember the following. Both blinds make mandatory blind bets. SB - the minimum bet of the distribution, BB - a bet of twice the size. As soon as these bets appear on the table, consider that the pot has begun to form. Moving on!
Everything you need to know about poker strategy
Poker rules basically also include the knowledge of winning deck combinations. There are only 10 combinations in this game. It's easy to remember them, and you will learn to navigate in their hierarchy pretty quickly, as long as you play poker not once every six months, but at least once a week. You will remember some of the combinations faster, since they will more often form your "hand", others will be more rare for you, and therefore more desirable "guests".
Classic Texas Hold'em card combinations
The list of combinations in the review of poker rules for beginners will start from stronger to less powerful:
- Royal flush A, K, Q, J, 10, all the same suit.
- Straight flush Five cards in a sequence, all in the same suit.
- Four of a kind All four cards of the same rank.
- Full house Three of a kind with a pair.
- Flush Any five cards of the same suit, but not in a sequence.
- Straight Five cards in a sequence, but not of the same suit.
- Three of a kind Three cards of the same rank
- Two pair Two different pairs
- Pair Two cards of the same rank
- High Card When you haven't made any of the hands above, the highest card plays.
What about poker tips?
As part of our roundup of poker rules for beginners, below we outline all the possible paths (Pre-flop) you can take to move on:
- Fold - pass, exit from the round of the game.
- Bet - the opposite of folding. If you become the owner of a good “hand” promising to collect a strong combination, and none of the previous players at the table have made bets, then you can bet. Other players, if they want to continue participating in the distribution (game), must support your bet - put at least the number of chips that you bet. True, their rate may be higher than yours, but not lower. Be prepared for a situation when the player will go all-in.
- Call - support for the last bet voiced at the table by one of the players.
- Raise - rate increase.
- Check - it's just passing the move.
Of course, from the first glance it seems to be quite complicated, but all you need is more practice, it will help you to build-in all those terms in your gameplay just automatically. Play poker online in Golden Reels and practice your skills, at any time, when you want.
To make our description full we need to cover the flop part of the game. This stage of the game begins after all the players at the table have decided on their strategy in the game: someone has folded, some have made a bet, and others have supported or increased the bet. In short, pre-flop trading is over, and the first three cards appear on the table - the flop. This is a signal for more active actions, since knowing the three cards and comparing them with your "pocket" ones, you can predict your final combination with a greater degree of confidence.
There is much more about poker strategy you should apply and for sure you should not forget about turn, river, and showdown, since those are the final stages of the game. But we really hope that all the most important aspects were mentioned. From our side we promise to carry on with the topic in the next GR articles, we will move from simpler to complex features. Stay tuned!
Bonus code 2021 is valid for beginners
See ya later!